If you have been injured in a road traffic accident that was not your fault, either as a driver or as a passenger/pedestrian, and the driver failed to stop, you may be able to claim personal injury compensation.

Our expert team will work with you to take detailed instructions, and work with you to consider all aspects of your claim and maximise its value. Win or lose, you do not pay anything towards our fees. If we win, our fees are paid by the other side or their insurers, if we lose we do not receive our fees.

We can attend you at your home, if necessary, to discuss the following key points with you:

  • Accident circumstances
  • Nature of your injuries
  • Out of pocket expenses
  • Loss of earnings
  • Funding

line seperator


  • Where possible, make a note of the vehicle registration number and description (make/model) of the vehicle.
  • You should write a detailed account of what happened including a sketch of the location, and take photographs if possible.
  • You must ensure that you have the name and address of any witnesses.
  • If your vehicle has been hit by an untraced driver, you must call your motor insurer immediately.
  • You should seek medical advice for your injuries as soon as possible. With some injuries (e.g. whiplash) the symptoms may take a few days to develop, but get medical attention as soon as you can.
  • You should keep a record of your out of pocket expenses (e.g. travel expenses, prescription charges, walking sticks, etc.) and keep any receipts.

line seperator


There are a few ways in which an untraced driver claim differs from a normal personal injury claim.

Our team will be happy to explain these differences to you in greater detail (in particular the funding arrangements) at the point of instruction:

  • Your claim will be against the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB), not any specific insurer.
  • The MIB was established to compensate the victims of negligent uninsured and untraced drivers.
  • Every motor insurer is required to be a member of the MIB and to contribute to its funding. It is out of this pooled fund that compensation claims are paid.
  • The MIB will not pay any legal costs, so you can either deal with the MIB directly or instructs us to bring the claim on your behalf and pay our fees directly out of your compensation.
  • Is you are a Trade Union member you may be entitled to free legal advice via your scheme. Contact your Trade Union for more information.
  • If the value of your injury claim is less than £1,000 the MIB will not accept the claim as they only compensate for 'serious' injuries.

line seperator


There are a variety of funding options open to you. We will discuss these options with you in more detail and where appropriate represent you on a no win no fee basis (also known as a Conditional Fee Agreement).

line seperator


If you would like to speak directly to a solicitor for a free and without obligation chat about your case call us on 0203 380 9406 or send us your details, with brief outline, by email to [email protected] and you will receive a prompt response.

line seperator


Brake: the road safety charity
Citizens Advice Bureau: Traffic accidents
Department for Transport
Direct Gov
Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agency
Motor Insurers' Bureau
Parliamentary Advisory Council for Transport Safety
Road accidents and safety statistics
Road Peace
The DVLA's Vehicle Online Service
Vehicle Insurance Guide