Motorcycle Injuries – Guide SheetFollow our guide on motorcycle injury claims today to get a better understanding of what to do if you find yourself in this situation. If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s fault, then you may be entitled to compensation. This compensation can provide you the financial relief you may need during this difficult period of adjustment.
1. What motorcycle accidents can I claim for?
There are a variety of circumstances you may have a claim under, including but not limited to:
- Accident due to a defect on the road
- Accident caused by a highway spill
- Accident caused by filtering
- Accident involving speeding
- Accident due to an undertaking
- Accident with the involvement of an untraced or an uninsured driver
2. How much compensation do you get for a motor vehicle injury claim?
There are two types of damages you can claim for:
- General Damages – based on the type of injury and are designed to compensate for pain and suffering and the impact on the claimant’s enjoyment of life.
- Special Damages – based on individual circumstances and may be able to recover:
- Travel expenses – i.e. the amount paid to travel to medical appointments.
- Medical expenses – i.e. the amount paid for medical aids such as prescriptions, counselling bills or physiotherapy.
- Loss of earnings - e actual losses of earnings and future wages are considered.
- Care and Assistance – i.e past and future, whether paid for or gratuitously provided by friends and family.
- Aids and adaptions to home and car
3. What to do if I have suffered a motorcycle injury?
The best course of action after an accident is for your family and friends to gather as much information as possible about the event on your behalf. We advise to note details such as contact number, name and address of any possible witness’s or the driver if you accident involves a motor-vehicle accident. If there is a driver in your case, also record the model, make and number plate of the car and police involvement.
If possible, photographs of the scene and your injuries would provide strong evidence for your case. If unable to do so yourself, feel free to ask someone for help to take these photographs.
A great support for your case would be to record monetary loss during this period. Monetary loss includes travel costs, prescriptions and physiotherapy as well as proof of income that you have loss due to the inability to go to work after the accident.
We will, as soon as possible, press the other side for interim payment (money in advance) so you can start to obtain rehabilitation and make as good as a recovery as circumstances allow.
4. How to begin a claim?
Feel free to call us on 0203 380 9406 or email on [email protected] to speak to our friendly yet professional solicitors who will guide you through the next steps. You can expect to have a free telephone or in person consultation where our solicitors will find out more about your injury and guide you through our No Win, No Fee service. This means you will not have to pay anything if the claim is unsuccessful. Our solicitors will be able to answer all your questions at this point.
If you have any queries about your claim, you can contact our solicitors at any time of the process. But if you want to research more about your claim and the type of claim you are moving forward with, we recommend reading through the information on our website www.csolegal.com
5. Why choose csolegal to begin your claim?
We pride ourselves in being a helpful hand to those who need our help. We are here to support you throughout the process, and we will keep you updated regularly about the progression of your case.
Our expert solicitors have been helping others with their claims for over 20 years which means there is no problem that they have not already solved, and this experience will mean that your claim is in the best hands possible. Our solicitors motivations are to get the most favourable outcome for you and for you to claim the damages that you deserve and put in place rehabilitation for you as soon as possible.
Don’t just take our word for it, read some testimonials from previous clients: https://www.csolegal.com/testimonials/
Through the years, we have handled a variety of motorcycle cases including:
- A motorcyclist hit by a drunk driver and suffered a leg amputation below the knee. We secure the motorcyclists £700,000 on full liability. Other law firms rejected his claim stating he did not have a case worth pursuing. We not only won his case but got our client an early advance on his claim, so he could start rehabilitation treatment as soon as possible.
- A pillion passenger on a motorcycle suffered ‘traumatic stress disorder and multiple soft tissue injuries’ after the driver of the motorcycle lost control and drove into a lamp post. We secure our client £30,000 in compensation.
- A motorcyclist suffered a broken wrist after a car cut across the path of the oncoming motorcyclist. We secured the motorcyclist £4,250 in awarded compensation.
6. Contact details
Telephone: 0203 380 9406
Email: [email protected]