If you have been injured in an accident while on holiday, traveling or working abroad, you may be able to claim compensation.

Whatever stage of your holiday your injury occurs, we can help you to make a claim - whether your injured traveling to or from your holiday (by plane, coach or boat), or at the hotel or complex.

Our expert team will work with you to take detailed instructions, and to consider all aspects of your claim and maximise the value of your claim.

We have successfully concluded claims such as: trips and slips around the pool, food poisoning from the hotel kitchen/restaurants, activities/excursions that were negligently organised (where run by a tour operator).

We can attend you at your home, if necessary, to discuss the following key points with you:

  • Accident circumstances
  • Nature of your injuries
  • Out of pocket expenses
  • Loss of earnings
  • Funding
  • Loss of earnings
  • Funding

line seperator


  • You should tell the hotel manager/restaurant manager/senior cabin crew/tour operator of the accident circumstances and write an entry in the Accident Book.
  • You should write detailed account of what happened, including a sketch of the location, and take photographs if possible.
  • You must ensure that you have the name and address of any witnesses.
  • You should seek medical advice for your injuries as soon as possible. With some injuries (e.g. whiplash) the symptoms may take a few days to develop, but get medical attention as soon as you can.
  • You should keep a record of your out of pocket expenses (e.g. travel expenses, prescription charges, walking sticks, etc.) and keep receipts.
  • You should contact Compensation Solicitors Online as soon as possible for a FREE assessment of your claim!

line seperator


There are a variety of funding options open to you. We will discuss these options with you in more detail and where appropriate represent you on a no win no fee basis (also known as a Conditional Fee Agreement).

line seperator


Going on a holiday abroad has become a part of almost everyone's life. It is an opportunity to explore new cultures, to meet new people, to experience new things, to relax, or just to spend some quality time with friends or family. Unfortunately, sometimes your enjoyment of your holiday abroad gets shattered by illness, broken limbs or even worse.

Some common accident abroad claims include:

  • Sustaining injuries from defective products
  • Slipping and tripping on hotel floors/around swimming pools
  • Being injured during organized excursions
  • Falling from balconies
  • Injuries sustained through sporting activities
  • Injuries caused by poor maintenance

You do not necessarily have to claim in the country in which the accident occurred. As long as your holiday has been booked through a UK tour operator or airline, you can bring your claim within the UK.

Accidents abroad may involve some rather complicated issues, such as time limits, jurisdiction disputes, difficulty in obtaining evidence, exclusions of particular types of injury, etc. Therefore, it is essential that your solicitors are specialist in accidents abroad claims in order to handle your claim with the necessary precision and expertise.

The lawyers at Compensation Solicitors Online have long experience in accidents abroad claims and can take your claim all the way through until you get your compensation. Contact us as soon as possible to discuss your claim in order to avoid missing a deadline and becoming time-barred to claim for the compensation you may be entitled to.

line seperator


It is rather unfortunate when your well deserved holiday break is spoiled because of an accident or an injury. Should this happen, not only do you suffer an injury and financial loss, but moreover you lose the enjoyment of what was meant to be a happy and relaxing time.

Holiday accidents and injuries may include:

  • Excursion trip accidents;
  • Food poisoning caused by poor hygiene or health and safety standards;
  • Injuries whilst having a domestic leisure holiday;
  • Swimming pool accidents;
  • Travelling in the UK on public or private transport.

If you have suffered an injury or an accident during your holiday you should contact our specialist team as soon as possible. Compensation Solicitors Online have experience in claiming compensation for people just like you. We will provide you with the necessary expert legal advice and apply our skills and expertise in maximising your compensation. Contact us today for a free assessment of your claim.

line seperator


Whether you are traveling by sea or air, a holiday can easily be ruined by illness or accident and it is unfortunate, to say the least, when this happens and your long-planned dream cruise holiday, for example, turns into a nightmare.

There are rules requiring transport operators to take reasonable care to ensure the safety of their passengers at all times. If a breach of these rules occurs and this results in your injury or illness you may be entitled to compensation.

You may have a claim for compensation if you suffered an injury or an accident on any sea or transportation, including:

  • Airplane;
  • Boat;
  • Cruise liner;
  • Helicopter;
  • Hot air balloon;
  • Ship;
  • Yacht.

Moreover, if you have become ill this may have been caused by a lack of health and safety standards on your transportation vehicle (air or marine). In this case you will be able to claim compensation.

Furthermore, you may be able to claim compensation if you work in the air or sea industry and you have suffered or you have been involved in an accident.

Compensation Solicitors Online is the right choice for your legal representation due to our experience, specialist knowledge and success in accidents at sea or air claims. Contact us as soon as possible because strict time limits apply in such cases and if you miss the deadlines you will become time-barred from claiming your compensation.

line seperator


Unfortunately, road traffic accidents may happen even during your holiday. If you or your loved one has been injured in a road traffic accident, during your holiday abroad or at home, you may be able to bring a claim for compensation against your tour operator. Even if the accident occurred abroad you will still be able to bring a claim in the UK.

You should contact Compensation Solicitors Online if you have been injured in a road traffic accident during your holiday, regardless of whether:

  • You have been a passenger on an excursion;
  • You have been cycling;
  • You have been in a taxi or coach making your way around your holiday destination;
  • You have been riding a moped;
  • You have been walking;
  • You have hired your own vehicle to get around.

Our specialist team has the experience and expertise to take your claim and lead it to the end until you get your compensation. Contact us today for a FREE assessment of your claim.

Do not be put off from making a claim because you have signed a disclaimer when hiring/boarding the vehicle.

There are various reasons why you may still be entitled to compensation regardless of the disclaimer, including:

  • The collision has been caused by someone else's fault;
  • The driver was speeding;
  • The roads were poorly maintained;
  • The vehicle was defected;
  • There were poor traffic signs.

Time limitation for making a claim in the UK applies: up to three years after the accident. However, time limits differ in different countries. Therefore, you should contact us and seek our advice as soon as possible in order to avoid becoming time-barred and losing the opportunity to claim your compensation.

line seperator


A personal injury claim includes the following three steps:

The first step is to show who was at fault for the accident to take place and to what degree. This is not necessarily straightforward and sometimes contributory negligence may be found (the victim has contributed to some extent to the harm that they have suffered). However, this concept only plays a role in calculating the compensation value and does not affect the establishing of liability.

Once a degree of liability has been established, it must be demonstrated that the resulting injury has been caused by the accident, and not by a previous medical condition or another accident, for example.

The compensation in such cases will have the purpose of attempting to put the claimant in the position s/he has been in before the accident. It is our specialist solicitors' job to liaise with medical and other experts in order to prepare a Schedule of Loss, setting out the solutions and costs to all problems which the claimant has or may have in the future, as a result of the accident.

Our expert solicitors have experience in achieving the best results in all the three steps of the process, thus ensuring that you get the best compensation which you deserve.

line seperator


There are two parts to any compensation claim, consisting of two types of damages:

General damages are calculated as a part of the compensation based on the type of injury and are designed to compensate for pain and suffering and the impact on the claimant's enjoyment of life.

Special damages are the more variable part of the compensation and depend on individual circumstances. The claimant may be able to recover:

  • Expenses relating to the cost of living with any disability;
  • Expenses to cover services provided by other people;
  • Increased accommodation costs;
  • Loss of earnings;
  • Medical expenses;
  • The cost of buying in care.

Establishing the level of special damages to be paid is a crucial part of a compensation claim. Compensation Solicitors Online have experience in compensation claims in cases of holiday claims.

line seperator


Generally, personal injury claims have a three year time limit i.e. court proceedings have to be issued at least one day before the third anniversary of the accident , otherwise they will be time barred and you will no longer be able to pursue your claim. (There are a few exceptions to this rule and the court does have some very limited discretion to extend the various time limits). You can still pursue a claim for personal injury after the third anniversary of the accident, you just have to make sure court proceedings have been issued before that third anniversary in order to do so. We will be happy to discuss this further with you.

In respect of Holiday claims or accidents abroad the time limits can vary. In particular some holiday claims may have a shorter time limit of less than 3 years. It may be necessary to seek independent legal advice from lawyers in the country you had your accident.

Furthermore, if your accident was on a boat or plane different times limit apply (usually 2 years) and you should seek immediate legal advice to make sure you are in time to bring your claim.

If you are a minor at the time of the accident, i.e. under 18 then the 3 year limitation date period starts to run after you have turned 18. Furthermore, there also a complicated set of rules that allows the 3 years limitation date period to run from the date of knowledge of the incident/accident. These rules normally apply to clinical/medical negligence cases or industrial disease claims, where they may be a long latency period between the incident giving rise to your claim and you first suffering any symptoms and becoming aware of it. The rules on this are technical and we will, once again, be happy to discuss this in detail with you.

line seperator


If you would like to speak directly to a solicitor for a free and without obligation chat about your case call us on 0203 380 9406 or send us your details, with brief outline, by email to [email protected] and you will receive a prompt response.