Coming forward with information about any type of abuse may be extremely difficult. Compensation Solicitors Online understand the sensitivity of abuse cases and handle them with the utmost professionalism, empathy and compassion. Whether you have been a victim, or you have witnessed someone else being abused, this is without doubt a traumatising experience. Our solicitors will ensure that you feel safe and secure during the claim process.

You can claim compensation if you have been a victim of abuse, regardless of the particular type of abuse, including:

line seperator


You may make a claim in two ways:

  • A civil claim against the abuser.
  • A claim against the abuser's employer, e.g. local authority and their insurers, thereby allowing us to dispense with the need to have any direct contact with the abuser and to deal exclusively with his employer's insurer.
  • A claim for compensation to the Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA) (for more information on CICA claims see our section on Criminal Injury Claims).

line seperator


Our expert solicitors have many years of experience in abuse cases against individuals, organizations, including schools, care homes, charitable organizations, children's homes, local authorities and the Church.

An example of a recent case involves our client who went to her GP to get 'the morning after' pill. Her doctor abused her sexually by grabbing her, asking inappropriate questions and trying to undress our client.

We understand that such a situation may be embarrassing and humiliating to the victim. We can provide the full support which you need in order not only to get the compensation which you deserve, but also to recover from the trauma, and to achieve justice.

line seperator


Generally, personal injury claims have a three year time limit i.e. court proceedings have to be issued at least one day before the third anniversary of the incident, otherwise they will be time barred and you will no longer be able to pursue your claim. (There are a few exceptions to this rule and the court does have some very limited discretion to extend the various time limits). You can still pursue a claim for personal injury after the third anniversary of the incident, you just have to make sure court proceedings have been issued before that third anniversary in order to do so. We will be happy to discuss this further with you.

If you are a minor at the time of the accident, i.e. under 18 then the 3 year limitation date starts to run after you have turned 18. Furthermore, there also a complicated set of rules that allows the 3 years limitation date period to run from the date of knowledge of the incident/accident. These rules normally apply to clinical/medical negligence cases or industrial disease claims, where they may be a long latency period between the incident giving rise to your claim and you first suffering any symptoms and becoming aware of it. The rules on this are technical and we will, once again, be happy to discuss this in detail with you.

The limitation period may be extended by the court, where it is equitable to do so, e.g. in cases of historic abuse, sexual abuse, psychological abuse, etc. Please contact us to discuss your options.

For CICA claims an application for compensation must be strictly submitted within two years of the accident.

line seperator


There are a variety of funding options open to you. We will discuss these options with you in more detail and where appropriate represent you on a no win no fee basis (also known as a Conditional Fee Agreement).

line seperator


If you would like to speak directly to a solicitor for a free and without obligation chat about your case call us on 0203 380 9406 or send us your details, with brief outline, by email to [email protected] and you will receive a prompt response.

line seperator


If you or anyone you know has suffered abuse you should report it to the Police, and and contact our solicitors on 0203 380 9406 or email us your contact details to [email protected]. All communications will be treated in the strictest of confidence and dealt with understanding and empathy

line seperator

The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC)
The National Association for People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC)
Help for Adult Victims of Child Abuse (HAVOCA)
Male Survivor
Abuse Survivors
Victim Support
Help Guide
Hidden Hurt